Sign in to follow this  
I R GMAN

Ironjaw Gargantuan Squiggoth: Complete!

So it has begun...

A long time ago a dear friend bought me a gift that for years I've known not what to do with, until now.

The Ironjaws are mass of muscle and iron that thunders forwards like an unstoppable tide, ready to break upon the enemy like a tide of rage, meat and destruction. Actually... that's exactly what a squiggoth personifies as well! They'd go really well together... Gork and Mork that's a good idea!

Looking forward to having a squiggoth with a big bone and metal thrown carrying a megaboss and his toughest lads into battle.

The downside is I've got a lot of converting ahead, took me ages to remove all the shootas, grenades and other 40K stuff already, but I can't wait to crush some 'oopid humies!

So as mentioned the plan is to have a great big spikey thrown on the back, a retinue of brutes, maybe even a warchanter at the front. I also want to work other destruction races in as its all apart of the God-Beasts horde of course ;) But in the end I want it to scream Ironjaws... and also WAAAAGH!

Tell me what you think, ideas and what not. All is appreciated ^^

20170305_120951276_iOS.jpg

20170305_121015123_iOS.jpg

20170305_121027763_iOS.jpg

Edited by I R GMAN

Cheers Gareth, It's by far the biggest model I've had to lug around for all these years, just never had an idea that would do it justice ^^

UPDATE: Just a few picks of the base coming along. Hoping for a desert badlands theme with maybe a jungle twist.

20170306_173445972_iOS.jpg

20170306_173532691_iOS.jpg

20170306_182833014_iOS.jpg

Beautiful! What Warscroll will you use to represent this... glorius squiggot master race monster?!

Edited by Galas

Hehe still a few things I want to do with the base but I'm rather happy with the way it has came out. 

As for warscroll... I rarely actually play AoS so I'm not sure ? So far my army is purely for my joy of modelling and the praise of Gorkamorka! 

I remember a while back the Stronghold Facebook page had an awesome squiggoth warscroll but sadly it seems to have disappeared. It was very similar to the Monstrous Arcanum Chaos War Mammoth of that helps ^^

Edited by I R GMAN

Well, thats a impresive piece so even if he doesn't see a game and don't kill anyone, I'll pay to have one like those in my living-room!

Well it's been a busy weekend however just a little progress with the howdah and the squiggoth's hide. I've also got a hold of a megaboss and some brutes for Bullgrog Da Iron Warlord and his boys ^^

20170312_152558102_iOS.thumb.jpg.ce41b9bdc86f59141a66aaa6a75bfc07.jpg20170313_160650242_iOS.thumb.jpg.965ac0a8a3516b3051041c007ea3a5b3.jpg

Edited by I R GMAN