Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lord Hogwash

Greenskinz in AoS?

6 posts in this topic

With the highly successful inclusions of Bonesplitterz and Ironjawz do you think there is still a place in Age of Sigmar for the generic orruks, either fluff wise or game wise? Do they still meet the feel of the game and are they getting out shined by the other orruk factions?

Until they get some love lore wise, they are certainly outshines by the others. The additional wound has made the savage ones much better choices as well , some synergy from a book and a little fluff will fix this though.

I hope it does. I think they have the most versatile heroes for the orruks, with the Waaagh and bsb working on all orruks. I'm also a huge fan of the Boar Boyz.

They're almost a good faction already, with Destruction's best monster and cheap monster-riding hero. There's some decent synergy going on with the Waaagh CA and the banner, plus the casting and bravery buff of the Rogue Idol. Orruks in 30 or 40 large units rip.

Their downfall is points and comparison. 140 for a below average shaman? Orruks at 100 compared to Savage Orruks at 100 is laughable when you consider that extra wound. 

I have a lot of fun with pure Greenskinz lists. But I've put mine away until the GHB2, to see if they get any sort of rebalancing because they certainly need it.

As for their place in AoS, it's looking more and more like they won't have one without significant redesign, which probably won't happen anytime soon. You've already got both extremes of Orruky-ness with IJ and BS. I hope they get a book and just leave it at that... leave me to my conversions.

I think they would be great as a sort of Mongol/ Vandal horde idea. They still look quite medieval and can possibly fit in a realm resembling that look. 

I agree though, GH2 needs to address their point cost.

I do mine up as scrap-punk anarchists. 

I actually use Space Orks for my infantry (without guns and chain weapons, of course). I think they fit the AoS aesthetic better, and just look better in general.

Lord Hogwash likes this