Farmer7574

Farmer's Undead

Got the Cairn Wraith all squared away:

33eok1j.jpg

Some more shots:

2vjwkqx.jpg

I stayed away from black and went for dark blue robes instead of 100% ethereal colours to break up the miniature (the plan is to also do this on the Hexwraiths that I'm currently working on). Cairn Wraiths have a 'Grim Reaper' appearance to them too, so I wanted to emphasize that in the colour scheme.

The robes lack a final glaze at the moment but he might get a mix of Guilliman & Waywatcher to bring out his ghostliness. I'm also going to improve that fire as I hone my skills to make it a bit more convincing :)

Overall, this was a thoroughly enjoyable miniature to paint - I'll be picking up a few more in the future!

Cheers for taking a look, more in the works. :)

It's been ages since I've gotten anything done, but here we go - my Hexwraith concept mini:

ae2wwl.jpg

Just like the Cairn Wraith, dark blue robes, blue flames and light blue everything else.

Some more shots:

10wk4tz.jpg

I green stuffed flames on the horse's eyes & snout and also on it's robes, nothing big but having blue flames over the entire miniature instead of just the rider makes it look better I think. I'm happy with the mash of blues at work here but still think my fire needs improving, so hopefully I can hone my skills on the other 4 Hexxies I've got in the works.

@Zolas I haven't gone for a final glaze on the robes yet as I don't think they really need it. The white ethereal areas are glazed though :)

@Sharkbelly Thanks a lot mate, more coming soonish :)

Cheers for taking a look, let me know what you think. Meanwhile, work continues on the remaining spirit hosts.

Some progress on the other two spirit hosts:

n47ajk.jpg

The victims are all done with glow in their chests like before, and the spirits are ready for the blue layering - a time consuming process but worth it in the end.

I've also been assembling the wraiths and have decided to make the Hellwraith stand out a bit more by elevating his mount a bit:

219vwhz.jpg

Not very clear from the angle I took the shot but he stands out amongst the others quite well.

@Sharkbelly Cheers mate, more coming soon ;)